you have received, freely
World English Bible Dowload Page
Freely read, freely share, freely print God's Word...
The World English Bible is available for download in various formats:
- webhtm.zip contains HTML
- webusfx.zip contains XML USFX format for conversion to other formats
Standard Format Marker files.
- webtxt.zip contains plain ASCII text
- webtex.zip contains LaTeX files
- web.pdf (whole Bible) and webnt.pdf (New Testament + Psalms + Proverbs) are Adobe Portable Document Format files.
- webe-sword.zip contains the World English Bible for e-Sword.
- Audio recordings (MP3 and RealAudio)
- webrtf.zip contains Rich Text Format (import into Microsoft Word or other word processors)
- webgbf.zip contains General Bible Format (from which the other formats are generated using GBF conversion software)
- webxml.zip contains XML Scripture Encoding Model (XSEM)
Information Standard (OSIS)
- web_olb.zip contains a one verse per line ASCII format without prose and poetry formatting, provided only for use with Bible study software that cannot handle proper poetry and prose formatting.
contains the World English Bible text formatted for import into BibleWorks 5 or
The following additional formats are converted by third parties, and not necessarily updated with every release:
- WEB for The Sword Project (see Adyeths Homepage for revision date)
- MP3 and RealAudio format audio files from www.AudioTreasure.com
- MP3 computer-generated audio
- Olive Tree Software BibleReader software for PalmOS, Pocket PC, WinCE
- WEB for Palm OS from Laridian Sales
- WEB for Pocket PC and Windows CE from Laridian Sales
- WEB for Palm Bible+ (and do-it-yourself conversion software from GBF to Palm Bible+ format)
- WEB for the Online Bible
for a Postnuke web site
You can use Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) or Gnu Privacy Guard (along with this public key) and MD5SUM or sha1sum to verify the integrity of the above .zip archives. The revision date is given in seal.txt.
The World English Bible is a Modern English update of the
Version of 1901.
The translation and review is currently in progress, so please
check back from time to time for updates. If you find any
have any comments on this translation, please send email to
This translation is in the Public Domain, so feel free to copy, publish (for free or for a price), and use it. You don't need to pay any royalties or even to ask for any additional permission. You already have permission to publish, copy, and distribute the World English Bible as much as you want to in any form (spoken, written, paper, electronic, etc.). We do ask that you update your copy that you publish periodically until the World English Bible editing is done, as a courtesy to your readers (and not as a requirement). If you make any changes to the text of the World English Bible, we do ask that you not call it the World English Bible any more, to avoid confusion, unless you get specific permission from us to do so.
For more information on this translation, please see the World English Bible Frequently Asked Questions.
This page reprinted from http://www.ebible.org/web/links.htm